Landry really fell in love with basketball this May during the NBA playoffs. He rooted for the Dallas Mavericks, especially Dirk. He practiced his basketball skills and also watched the games. It was so fun to watch him do his best slam dunk and lay-up. He would even pretend to be moving around defenders.
Landry practicing his shots.
Landry watching the Bulls game. Must have been before the Mavs came on.
I can't tell you how many times I washed that Dirk shirt, because he had to wear it during every Mavs game. He also had to sleep with his basketball.
Me with my favorite Mavs fan.
My lucky Mavs shirt.
Mason did not care about watching the games, but he loved to copy his brother slam dunking the basketball.
Brothers
We watched so many basketball games and it all ended on June 12, 2011 when the Dallas Mavericks defeated the Miami Heat to become the NBA finals champions!!! We had been through many ups and downs rooting for this team and this day made it all worth it. Landry fell asleep before the game was over in all his Mavs gear and his basketball, so I am sure he was dreaming about it.
We loved watching the victory parade on t.v.
I think Landry was trying to feel like he was there so he got really close to the t.v.
We are so proud of our team!!! It was fun to share a memory like this with our kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment